Wednesday, April 25, 2012
We are very excited and proud to present pictures of the newly renovated poolside family rooms at the Motel Montreal. Each room has two double beds, a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, free WiFi, a 32-inch flat screen television and updated furniture and bedding. Also, we removed the drop ceilings and exposed the wooden support beams, replaced the ancient air conditioning units with modern heating and cooling units and painted the walls with a shade of paint called "tea and honey". Please email or call us at (518) 668-5439 with any questions or to reserve your newly renovated poolside family room today!
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Our team is busy putting together the newly renovated poolside family rooms at the Motel Montreal but we wanted to take a moment to share some pictures of the non-poolside value rooms with the new furniture and bedding. These are the best looking hotel rooms in Lake George. If the discount value rooms look this good, imagine what the premium renovated rooms are going to look like. Feel free to request more information about your Lake George vacation at the Motel Montreal or give us a call at (518) 668-5439.
- Replaced ten inefficient air conditioning and heating units with newer, more efficient units
- Replaced ten televisions with energy star rated flat screen televisions
- Placed a front loading washing machine into service
- Replaced wrapped disposable cups with washable, reusable tumblers
- Replaced styrofoam coffee cups with paper cups
- Switched from oil to natural gas for heating hot water in one of the buildings
- Replaced remaining incandescent bulbs with CFLs
- Designed a guestroom insert to improve guest awareness of the Green Initiative at the Motel Montreal
- Placed recycling bins in each hotel room and condo
Designing and implementing the Green Initiative at the Motel Montreal was fun and I was amazed at the number of low cost changes that we were able to implement. So, in 2012, our guests will return to better rooms, a nicer pool and a more environmentally friendly hotel in Lake George. We welcome any comments about additional ways that we can make the hotel greener.
Friday, April 6, 2012
The return of the cold weather got us thinking about the goings on at our sister property, the Herbert Hotel in Kingfield, Maine (website here). The Herbert Hotel is located in the western mountains of Maine, about 12 miles from Sugarloaf Mountain ski resort. For those in the know, spring skiing is an unrivaled exercise in cognitive dissonance as you race down a snow covered mountain in Bermuda shorts. To this end, next weekend (April 12th through 15th) marks the annual unofficial end of the ski season at Sugarloaf marked by the annual Reggae Fest (more info here), a celebration of the cognitive dissonance that is spring skiing set to a live Reggae soundtrack. So, if anyone is interested in a Western Maine adventure next weekend, grab your skis and some patchouli oil and give our sister property a call at (207) 265-2000.